Skip to content
The control '' has raised the following error:
Security token is invalid with message 'An error occurred while sending the request.'

There are several financial support services which can help towards caring for a child or young person with SEND.

The following links provide further information which you may find useful.

A direct payment is when a sum of money is given to you instead of providing a service. You can use it to buy your own care and support. On the Derbyshire County Council website you can find more information on Direct Payments in Derbyshire as well as information for young people and their parents on direct payments for social care. If you require any support or information, please talk to your SEND Team or contact Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190 and ask for an assessment, or contact your social worker.

Our Leaving Care Service is responsible for planning support for young people as they leave care.

Did you know that if you have a disability or your child does, you may qualify for a Gold Card?

Find out more about Funded Childcare for 2-year-olds to see if you are eligible and how to apply. Also, all 3 and 4-year-old children in Derbyshire are entitled to universal early years entitlement funding and can receive up to 15 hours a week over 38 weeks of the year. Find out more about Funded childcare for 3 and 4-year-olds.

The following GOV.UK website pages will also provide you with additional funding and financial information:

16-19 bursary - This is a bursary used to help with costs while you’re in education and learning from the age of 16.

Disabled students' allowance - Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) is in place to cover the study-related costs you have because of a mental health problem, long-term illness or any other disability.

Disability Living Allowance - You can claim the Disability Living Allowance for children under 16-years-old from 3-months-old.

Child Benefit, Universal Credit, Guardians Allowance, Vehicle Tax, Carer’s Allowance

Personal Independence Payments (PIP) can help you with some of the extra living costs if you have a longterm ill health or disability.

Financial Help if you're disabled details all the disability-related financial support, including benefits, tax credits, payments, grants and concessions available.

Scope UK - This disability charity provides support and advice about money for disabled people.

Personal Health Budgets - Personal Health Budgets help you get care and support to suit your specific health and wellbeing needs.

You can speak to your GP about Personal Health Budgets or you can contact Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190 and ask to be put through to the Welfare Benefits team.