Skip to content

Here you will find information about the types of support and social care available. If you require an assessment on how your home could be adapted or what support services are available, or to enquire about emergency care provision, you can contact Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190 and ask for a referral to the Children with Disabilities Service.

Other support services and organisations in Derbyshire:

Derbyshire Information Advice and Support Service (DIASS) provides independent information, advice and support to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), as well as their parents and carers.

Derbyshire Parent Carer Voice (DPCV) is a registered charity, run by parent/carer volunteers with children/young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. We organise parent participation, providing the opportunity to talk about all the services they receive in Derbyshire.

Derbyshire Carers Association is a directory of support services for unpaid carers in Derbyshire.

Derbyshire All Age Carers Support Service provides advice and support to help carers with their caring role. You will find information about face-to-face, home-visits and telephone support, support groups, carer's assessments, skills for caring, financial advice and grants, social activities and events, volunteering information and more.

Shared Lives Derbyshire offers a family home to people over 18 who need extra support to lead an ordinary life.

Community Updates for Families is for children, young people and their families to search for a wide range of services and support, such as family support and parenting, money and benefits, housing, learning, skills and employment and national support groups.

Our Turn to Talk Podcast is the National Children's Bureau Youth-led podcast programme, developed and hosted by Young People on the topics that they want to talk about. Find episodes covering topics such as understanding education health care plans, how support could be better for children and young people with SEND, autism and friendships, social media, beauty standards and accessing mental health services as a young person. All episodes are approximately 20 to 30 minutes long and can be listened to via their own website, or via Google Podcasts. Transcripts for each episode are also available from their website.

If you live close to the Derbyshire border then you may wish to look at neighbouring Local Offer websites.

If you are deaf, information and advice about sign language is available via British Sign Language Contacts.

Related documents


Information on other websites