Skip to content

Information for parents

Health professionals must notify the local authority if they identify a child who:

If your child has or probably has SEN, then the following professionals have to inform the Local Authority:

  • GP
  • Health Visitor
  • Paediatrician
  • or other health professional

This is so that the Local Authority can make long-term plans for the types of services that may be needed for your child in the future.

We ask for your email contact details on the notification form. This is so that we can send you information from the Local Authority about funding and support.

Everyone working for the Local Authority and the National Health Service has a legal duty to keep information about you and your child confidential. 

All services working with you and your child need up-to-date information. We only ever use or pass on information if there is a real need to do so.

For more information about what we share, who we share it with, how we store your data and your rights, please visit Derbyshire County Council's Privacy Notices.

Information for Health Professionals

How do I notify the Local Authority?
If you are a professional and would like to bring a child with SEND or possible SEND our attention, please complete the Section 1 Notification of the EYSEN Panel referral form attached to this page.

How do I send my notification?
Once you've completed your notification, send it by email to:

If you need to discuss your notification, or have any queries, contact:

What happens next?
Notification to the local authority of a child 0 5-years-old with SEND:

Section 1 is for the sole purpose of the NHS fulfilling its legal obligation to notify the local authority of a child 0 to 5-years-old with SEND.

This notification will result in the child’s details being added to the council’s children's services database. Parents/carers will also be contacted by email to give them information about funding and support.

Related documents